An Institute of Industrial Development Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Approved by AICTE & Affiliated to Board of Technical Education UP.
ITTUP envisions an ambience of excellence, inspiring value based education research & development.
Providing the trainees the much needed practical experience with our well-equipped workshops and learned faculty.
We mend our trainees such that they can cope with industrial ready-to-use demand. Our vision lies in providing the Technical manpower
required for the nationwide boom of industries.
The institute of Tool Room training up was established by the department of infrastructure and industrial development of Uttar Pradesh
with the technical support of Federal Republic of Germany and government of India in 1979. It is registered under the society act 1860 and is a premier organization approved by AICTE and Department of Technical Education, imparting technical education in
Tool Room technologies.
Mrs. Nidhi Srivastava
Special Secretary Industrial Development Department, Govt. of UP & Chairman, ITTUP, Lucknow
Shri Om Prakash Yadav
Deputy Secretary Industrial Development Department, Govt. of UP & General Manager, ITTUP, Lucknow. Mob: +91-9454412412
Importance of Tool Room
The Tool Room is said to be the brain of industries and Tool Room is essential for industrial development. Basically,
Tool Room develops the brain of technocrats who think and generate innovative ideas and convert them into reality in such a way that
fulfills the requirements and necessity of the various industries.
There are so many small scale industries in U.P. and surrounding states which are producing medium quality products due to
unavailability of Tool Room facility in entire region. ITTUP is only one such type of institute in the state which have been
actively providing latest technology and trained technical manpower to the industries for last three decades.
To make the products of export quality by the small scale industries / medium scale industries, the ITTUP
can provide specific technical training to their manpower.
• Skilled manpower for industries will be generated in large numbers and that will be available at
low cost thus reduced labor cost.
• Technical consultancy will be available for the industries within the region without much
delay thus increasing the productivity.
• A better quality/standardized product at low price will be available.
• Introduction of new and advance technology for small and medium industries.
• International quality standards for export oriented units at low cost will increase.
• Latest technological skills to the workers as per special requirements of mechanical/plastic
industries will facilitate and increase the export.
• Through short term courses self employment will increase and more opportunities for new workforce will be created.
"To be a landmark in the field of engineering"
1. To provide trained man power to mechanical engineering industries with specialization in
sheet metal and Tool Room technologies.
2. To upgrade the skill and technical competency of the personal already employed in the industries through the specifically
designed short term courses.
3. To help micro-small enterprises in the field of manufacturing of tools and fittings.
4. To provide technical consultancy to increase the quality and quantity of the product.
5. To conduct training programs for the workers of SME’s engaged in export activities.
6. To provide technical and practical training to the educated unemployed through various long term and
short termed courses in the field of designing and tool technology.
7. To develop working prototype to find the solutions to the engineering problems.
8. To enhance the skills in designing so that new designs can be generated and products of new design with export quality can be produced.
9. To conduct micro analysis on behavior of materials, structure and mechanical system.
ITTUP has been providing skilled man power and technical support to the industries of Uttar Pradesh from more than 30 years.