Welcome to Institute of Tool Room Training U.P !
The institute of Tool Room training up was established by the department of infrastructure and industrial development of Uttar Pradesh with the technical support of Federal Republic of Germany and government of India in 1979. It is registered under the society act 1860 and is a premier organization approved by AICTE and Department of Technical Education, imparting technical education in Tool Room technologies.
Smt. Sujata Sharma
Industrial Development Department & Chairman, ITTUP, Lucknow
Shri Rajani Kant Pandey
Industrial Development Department & General Manager, ITTUP, Lucknow
Importance of Tool Room
The Tool Room is said to be the brain of industries and Tool Room is essential for industrial development. Basically, Tool Room develops the brain of technocrats who think and generate innovative ideas and convert them into reality in such a way that fulfills the requirements and necessity of the various industries.
There are so many small scale industries in U.P. and surrounding states which are producing medium quality products due to unavailability of Tool Room facility in entire region. ITTUP is only one such type of institute in the state which have been actively providing latest technology and trained technical manpower to the industries for last three decades.
To make the products of export quality by the small scale industries / medium scale industries, the ITTUP can provide specific technical training to their manpower.
• Skilled manpower for industries will be generated in large numbers and that will be available at low cost thus reduced labor cost.
• Technical consultancy will be available for the industries within the region without much delay thus increasing the productivity.
• A better quality/standardized product at low price will be available.
• Introduction of new and advance technology for small and medium industries.
• International quality standards for export oriented units at low cost will increase.
• Latest technological skills to the workers as per special requirements of mechanical/plastic industries will facilitate and increase the export.
• Through short term courses self employment will increase and more opportunities for new workforce will be created.
1. To provide trained man power to mechanical engineering industries with specialization in sheet metal and Tool Room technologies.
2. To upgrade the skill and technical competency of the personal already employed in the industries through the specifically designed short term courses.
3. To help micro-small enterprises in the field of manufacturing of tools and fittings.
4. To provide technical consultancy to increase the quality and quantity of the product.
5. To conduct training programs for the workers of SME’s engaged in export activities.
6. To provide technical and practical training to the educated unemployed through various long term and short termed courses in the field of designing and tool technology.
7. To develop working prototype to find the solutions to the engineering problems.
8. To enhance the skills in designing so that new designs can be generated and products of new design with export quality can be produced.
9. To conduct micro analysis on behavior of materials, structure and mechanical system.